As tax advisers, our objective is to work closely with you to ensure you pay the minimum tax required by law. We will help you to understand the tax implications of your actions, in order that you can plan ahead and conduct your affairs in a tax efficient way.
Corporation tax services
Every company in UK needs to file a corporation tax return and pay corporation tax on their annual profits. Under Corporation Tax Self-Assessment (CTSA), the legal responsibility for correctly calculating the corporation tax liability falls on business owners. We understand the issues facing owner-managed businesses and can prepare tax returns in a timely and efficient manner.
The increased reporting obligations, investigation policies on the part of the tax authorities and harsher penalties for non-compliance mean that your time and resources can be taken up with tax administration. We will help to minimise corporate tax exposure and relieve the administrative burden of compliance with current tax legislation. Effective corporate tax planning can also result in significant improvements in your bottom line.
There are considerations to be made while arriving at the taxable profit, which can be frustrating at times. That’s where we come to help. You can set back and focus on your day-to-day business while leaving the tax related work to us. Our team is regularly trained and are regularly updated with the statutory and compliance changes.
We provide advance reminders regarding the approaching deadlines to file the returns or to make the necessary payments.
Our range of corporation tax service includes:
- Advising for the tax efficient business structure
- Calculation of taxable profit and tax payable thereon
- Timely filing of corporation tax return to HMRC
- Appropriate utilization of allowances and reliefs
- Liaising with tax authorities on your behalf
- Assisting and advising on all the compliance requirements
- Timely reminder for filings and payments to avoid fines and penalties
Personal tax services (including sole-traders and partnerships)
We are specialists in income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
We have the expertise and software to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of Self-Assessment. Over recent years HMRC have increased the penalties for failing to file a return on time and for errors.
Our range of personal tax return service includes:
- Assist you with filing the return or completing the tax return on your behalf
- Calculate tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.
- Providing you with practical advice on personal tax and the planning opportunities available to you.
- Professional year-round advice on all aspects of personal taxation and support to optimise the tax position and ensure that the compliance requirements are met.
Some legislations require us to plan well before we leave behind the estate. There are many tax opportunities available, and the earlier arrangements are made, the greater the chance of taking full advantage of our complicated tax system.
It is important when planning to transfer an estate that adequate provision is made and getting the right balance requires considerable skill and foresight – along with a detailed knowledge of the current tax regime. We provide a discreet comprehensive estate planning service that includes:
- help with planning and reviewing a will
- making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- transferring agricultural or business property
- transferring assets into trust
- arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities.
We also have expertise in dealing with trusts; a very tax efficient way to set aside assets for future beneficiaries outside the inheritance tax net. We can advise on the most suitable type of trust to fulfil your wishes, assist in setting up the trust and provide the full range of accounting services required for trust management.
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HMRC mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process. Our experienced team get regular training regarding the changing compliance requirements and can help you with all the VAT related tasks on time and ensure that you comply with all the regulations and that overpayments are not made. To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration
- advice on VAT planning and administration
- use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- help with completing VAT returns
- planning to minimise future problems with HMRC
- negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals if necessary.
HMRC Investigations and Enquiries
Being the subject of a tax investigation or enquiry by HMRC can be a stressful and worrying experience. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with HMRC investigations, whether they are enquiries into an individual’s Tax Return, more detailed enquiries into a company’s affairs or employer-related investigations into PAYE and P11d compliance. If you are the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support.
With the increased risk of such investigation, it may be worth considering taking out our annual insurance policy to protect you and your business from unexpected costs; an investigation will undoubtedly result in additional accountancy work being undertaken. The amount of work will depend upon the complexity of the case but the cost could be substantial. Even if no additional tax is payable at the end of the investigation, you will still need to cover the professional cost incurred in this regard.
With our annual tax protection service, you no longer need to worry about the cost. No matter the structure of your business, this service allows us to represent you without worrying about increased professional cost.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 0203 98 33689. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.